Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Memories

6 years ago today, at 8:42AM - I was a senior in college at IU. Sitting on my couch in my apartment, eating breakfast of lox and cream cheese on a bagel, watching Good Morning America, and contemplating whether I wanted to skip my 10:10AM Psychology class.

At 8:46A - there was an interruption to the program - a plane had just "run into" North Tower of the World Trade Center. The broadcasters at the time were wondering if it were an accident, issues with the plane navigation...

At 9:02A - everyone's fears were confirmed - this was no accident, a second plane hit the South Tower, with the cameras still rolling.

The rest of the day was a blur of news stories, friends coming over, parents calling, consipiracy theories and finger pointing as to who, what, and mainly, why?

Today, I woke up in a very different place and it struck me how much as changed since that day, 6 years ago. They way we think, feel, assume, and live, is all shaped by what happened that day; in that span of less than half an hour.

I will be using this day as one to reflect and remember. How about you?

No comments: