Friday, February 9, 2007

It's Phriday!

Chastity:I know you can be under whelmed, and you can be overwhelmed, but can you ever just be, like, whelmed?
Bianca: I think you can in Europe.

-10 Things I Hate About you

I was overwhelmed. To list it out: even more things I have to buy for my apartment; incoming bills; taking over full time for all the projects at work next week; and the impending arrival of my little man. Subsequently, I was in a fairly foul mood yesterday; alleviated eventually by beer and Thursday night television on ABC.

This morning, on the way to work, I started thinking and listed out all the good things going on and have come to realize that a getting a few pots and pans and paying for electricity, not that bad. So to end this short post, I'll leave you with a few positives:
-Having my little man at home with me finally. He's a lot of work, but he's mine and I love him.
-Little packets of honey at work that alleviate my sweet tooth and apparently, according to the following, are very healthy.

-I was equally annoyed about the rain and cold weather out here (I'm in California for Pete's sake)... but then I saw a homeless guy sleeping in the building entrance... I no longer felt cold.
-And this story, told to me by one of my med school friends:

"Med school is going great. I've started my rotations. On Pyschiatry right now, fun times and stories: I saw this guy walking up and down the hall of the ward, talking to himself, shouting orders and making business deals. At the end of the week I realized he didnt have schizophrenia, he had a bluetooth headset."

Happy Friday to all!

1 comment:

brown sugar said...

Your little man is sooo adorable :-). Hope you're having a good Friday, too, in spite of the downpour outside...